There are a lot of things that are not talked about when you are pregnant. One being the reasoning behind shaken baby syndrome....they don't tell you that there will be days when all you want to do is lift your child off the floor and shake the shit out of them. Generally speaking you never want to shake your child more than when you are sleep deprived. I would like to declare I have never shaken my baby, toddler, or child nor will I in the future (jury is out on the probability of shaking my teenagers)....I just really want to...but alas good judgement and love has always (thus far) won out.
I wonder how long a mother can go with severe sleep deprevation without going nuts. Considering I believe my house to be haunted...that I see doors that are open when infact they are not...that I swear I hear my children yell for me when infact they are not...I may already be in the early stages of crazy. And, based on this I can come to the conclusion of 4 years is the limit.
I had high hopes that once they entered toddlerhood my sleep would improve. But, no you have a plethera of reasons why your child is intruding on your slumber. One of my favorites is the sneek in to bed to only to pee on you gamebit...not nice. Right now I am figthing the two year molars. And, I ask...Why does it not bother him during the day. Sure he drools like a bulldog. But, really that's it. That is the only symptom I have observed in the daylight hours. Yet, LT is so regular these past days I hesitate to even fall asleep before midnight because I know he will have me awake. I've given up sleeping a full night in my bed...if I want any sleep; I sleep with him. Now the jokes on me. When we were looking for big boy mattresses for my sons I went cheap. Very, very cheap. It's like sleeping on solid plywood. My kids bones are like rubber and weigh less then 40 lbs...but when your brittle with age and closer to 200 then 100 the beds are not so much compfy as they are midevil. This is my punishment. Had I known I would be sleeping in it as much as them I would have gone for the tepur pedic.
I don't know anything anymore except for the intense desire for sleep. A desire so great that as I am writing this my children are ripping up newspaper on top of chair cushions on the floor. The dog and the boys are making such a horrific mess and all I can think of is; will they be entertained long enough to close the computer and sleep for a few moments. Leonardo De Vinci only slept in increaments of 20 mins every 4 hours...I am no De Vinci but 20 minutes right about now sounds just about right...almost worth shaking someone for it.
I would like to apologize in advance if there are any noticable spelling faux pas as I am currently sleep deprived.
ReplyDelete